Saturday, September 6, 2008

Top 3 Ways I Can Use Blogs in My Classroom


In a Spanish or French classroom, I think it would be great to have my students linked to a classroom in a Spanish or French speaking country and blog with native speakers. My students would be getting first hand experience communicating in the target langauge with a native speaker. They would also be able to communicate about cultural differences. My students could learn about Spanish or French culture, while the foreign students could learn about American culture.


Another way I could use blogs in a second language classroom is to provide online readings from newspapers or magazines in the target language for my students to read and react to. This would give my students more exposure to the target language, working on their reading comprehension skills, as well as keeping them up to date with current events from countries who speak the target langauge.


Lastly, I like the idea of having my students create a portfolio of their work using a blog. Students would be able to have easy access to their work, making it easier for them to reflect on what they accomplished in class. Using a portfolio online would also make it easier for parents to get involved in their child's learning.

3 comments:

Sra.Delaney said...

Hola Guapa! Que emocion que estamos en el mismo grupo! jeje tambien que nostros dos nos gusta el color rosado y elijimos eso pa nuestro blog. You have a lot of good ideas for a blog and it would be great if we could really start using this in our classroom. Hablaremos pronto!
Carolina

Maryanne said...

Sara,

All of your ideas sound good. It would certainly be easy to provide links in your class blog to articles or blog posts in Spanish to have the students react to. I hope you will give blogs a try in the future.

Dr. Burgos

Giovanna said...

Hola! Buenas ideas para el uso del blog!! I like the idea of giving students links to articles. A lot of times I bring in things that are printed and they question its originality. This way, they can explore for themselves as they read the materials.