Monday, October 13, 2008

Microblogging Tools - Twitter vs. Spoink

After creating accounts on both Twitter and Spoink, I used both applications for a week. I simply posted very short comments on what I was doing at the moment for both accounts. After using both for a week, I have come to the conclusion that they are not very different at all. Both were very easy to use, and very easy to set up. I do prefer the graphics used for Twitter compared to Spoink, however I do like the idea that Spoink can be accessed through your cell phone and AIM account. This makes Spoink easier to update throughout the day. Other than these minor differences, I think both Twitter and Spoink are comparable, and I will continue to use both on a regular basis. As for using either microblogging tool in the classroom, I would want to gain more experience myself using the tools, before I go ahead and create accounts for my LOTE classes.

1 comment:

Maryanne said...

Sara,
Actually the sites differ in the features they offer. Please explore a little further, check out what these are and post again. I haven't looked at Julie, Zheng or Rong's posts yet, but maybe they explored these features. You could add them to the list of people you follow and see if they tried out other features.
Dr. Burgos